Sunday, May 20, 2007

Things people may - or may not - know about me

This is going to a fun blog, quite different from any of my other posts in both content and tone. Inspired by a friend, who wrote a post entitled '10 random things about me' on her blog and then asked if any of her readers/friends would be brave enough to do the same on either her blog or their own, I've decided to go ahead, indulge in a bout of narcissism, and list out 10 things about me, in no particular order. Actually, while I'm at it, I'll go a bit further, and list out 15 things. So here goes.


1. I love editing. Seriously. It bothers me when an article or a book is so well-written that there is no need for me to intervene.

2. I love crying at the movies.

3. I abhor violence, but am morbidly fascinated by criminology, and addicted to all the crime serials on television - all the American and British ones, that is.

4. I have a very short attention span for pretty much everything.

5. I adore television, and even insist on staying in to watch my favourite shows while on holiday. Hotel rooms have to have cable TV, else I'm not staying there.

6. I've always liked animals more than people, but after 31 years of living, the last 10 of which have been spent in a moral cesspit called Delhi, I'm a confirmed misanthrope.

7. I'm the biggest procrastinator that ever lived.

8. I'm also a chronic, obsessive worrier - there are times when I wish I didn't have such an active imagination, for I'm always thinking of a million reasons why something should go wrong, and a million more ways in which it can go wrong.

9. I'm a very good mimic.

10. I'm very, very shy, a trait that most people interpret as arrogance or snobbishness. That irks me, because shyness and snobbery are two entirely different things - when I'm being snobbish, trust me, you'll know.

11. And here's a weird thing - despite being shy, I love being the centre of attention (which, sadly, hardly ever happens). I loved doing presentations, both at the university, and the few brief times at my workplace.

12. I love early mornings, even though I'm not a morning person.

13. I still don't know how to drive, and I'm terrified at the prospect of learning.

14. If I could choose a superpower, I'd want to be like Jean Grey (of the X-Men).

15. I don't have a favourite colour.



So, to ask my friend (and everyone else who might be reading this) the same question she asked - do I come across as odd, or, as I like to think, fairly normal? And if people want to tell me 10 - or more - things about themselves, you're welcome to do so in the comments section - I'd love to know!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, my penn'orth: you "come across as odd". Why didn't you blow your CIA cover while you were at it? :)

Anonymous said...

another thing about you would be you ve got a great sense of humour. loved the 10th 11th and 12th and no i wouldnt call you odd if i did id have to call myself eccentric. actually its the rest of them who are :) peeped into your blog after a long time suddenly. think I know the friend you mention. will issue notice.

Anonymous said...

Wow... we have more in common than I thought! As for nos. 3 and 6, I so agree!

And no.10 has given me a lot of trouble all my life! ;-)

(I linked you in my post.)

A very cool cat said...

Hey afivesecondbloghopper - I know you've been away from my blog for a while, and was actually considering dropping you a line to ask you to check it out. But then, I don't blame you - I mean, who thinks of blogs while holidaying in lovely Goa! :p

And thanks for the addition to the list! Btw, issue notice?? That sounds very ominous!


Payal - thanks for the link! I know, isn't it weird how we're suddenly discovering things we have in common? I knew you'd agree about the third point, and at least part of the sixth. Must say it was fun writing this - one post where people will find it hard to call me 'aggressive'!

Shantanu Dhankar said...

That was informative!!I really not a television guy but yes who doesn't like being the center of attraction.Between I would love to be Wolverine ;)

A very cool cat said...

Oh, yes, Wolverine's cool. I wouldn't mind that adamantine skeleton - and how I'd love those claws! And I think Hugh Jackman's done a marvellous job portraying Wolverine on screen.